For some of you pregnancy has come easily and for others it has been quite a journey. This is just the beginning. During pregnancy and lactation it is especially important to maintain your health using natural remedies.
I am passionate about helping couples conceive and supporting women throughout pregnancy, educating and empowering them to have an active birth (if they wish) and a smooth transition into motherhood.
Many issues can be prevented and if something does arise it can be successfully treated with natural remedies.
Supporting a healthy pregnancy
The majority of the women I see for Preconception health care continue to see me throughout their pregnancy. Pregnancy is a perfectly normal event (for most), another stage in a woman’s life and it is not necessary to suffer or be ill in order to have a child. I have carried 4 babies myself (including a set of twins) breastfed all of them and supported them into adulthood naturally.
Knowledge is power. Become informed about ways to enhance your health and your baby’s development during pregnancy. Many problems encountered during pregnancy can easily and safely be treated with herbs, nutrients, diet and exercise. If there is something I can’t help you with I have access to a range of skilled, qualified and trusted practitioners I regularly refer to.
What I can support you with
- Nausea and hyperemesis
- Diet – healthy weight gain during pregnancy
- Prevention and treatment of gestational diabetes
- Prevention of hypertension
- Back pain
- Sleep problems
- Leg cramps
- Fluid retention
- Prevention and treatment of Candida
- How to reduce the chance of your children having allergies
- Environmental toxins to avoid whilst pregnant
- Immune support – prevention is best. Safe, natural treatment is available to avoid pharmaceutical drugs.
- Ensuring healthy nutrient levels throughout pregnancy will decrease the chances of common pregnancy symptoms and prevent post partum problems. Testing and treatment is encouraged each trimester.
Regular Reflexology especially in the 3rd trimester not only helps alleviate some of these symptoms but has been shown to help the duration and problems of labour. Studies have been conducted in the UK regarding Reflexology in maternity care with outstanding results. Women who receive regular reflexology sessions throughout their pregnancy have shorter more effective labours, less intervention and better birth outcomes. Reflexology can also be used for stress relief and relaxation and helps with common symptoms associated with pregnancy including:
- Fluid retention
- Back pain
- Birth options - Which birth is for you? What is a “natural” birth?
- Choosing your team and making a birth plan
- Managing stress and pain for an easier birth
- Making decisions about medical management
- Natural remedies can help with the following conditions:
- Breech presentation
- Premature birth
- Delayed labour
- Preparation for labour
- Anxiety and depression
- Learn which herbs can be used safely to help prepare the uterus for birth.
Labour/Post partum support for mum and baby:
- Recovery after a C section
- Post natal depression
- Contraception during breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding problems - how to increase your supply. Nutrition tips for better breastfeeding, natural remedies for common problems including cracked nipples, blocked ducts.
- Prevention and treatment of mastitis
- Nipple thrush
- Infant constipation, reflux and colic
- Sleep issues
- Immune support for the neonate
- Failure to thrive
- Nappy rash, cradle cap