Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you often tired or lethargic?
- Do you regularly suffer from bloating, diarrhoea, constipation or other digestive disturbances?
- Do you get recurrent headaches?
- Are you regularly suffering from muscle aches and pains?
- Does poor short-term memory and concentration affect your ability to function at work?
- Do you have allergies or sensitivities?
- Do you suffer from depression, anxiety and/or mood swings?
Detoxification is a natural process whereby the environmental and dietary toxins we are exposed to are changed into less harmful substances, and subsequently excreted from the body. Toxins are an unavoidable part of life. They are in the air we breathe, the food we eat, and are even created from chemical reactions in our bodies. The good news is that our bodies are designed to neutralise these toxins and remove them via key elimination channels including our digestive system, liver, kidneys and skin. The bad news is that sometimes this process doesn’t run smoothly, with our body’s cleansing pathways overburdened and subsequently underperforming. When this happens, our bodies send out warning signals that all is not well, making you feel tired, sluggish and rundown, and sometimes predisposing you to becoming sick.
A natural detox program can be one of the most effective strategies for rapidly improving the state of your health as it will help clear toxins out of your body and leave you feeling healthy and energetic. Detoxification is a serious business however and your safety and comfort during detox is important. For this reason, it is best to avoid any detox packages that may come in a box from your local health food shop or pharmacy –these types of detoxes may not be suited to your individual needs and may actually leave you feeling sick and tired. You should not attempt to do a detox without guidance and support from a trained Healthcare Provider.
I offer 5 Detox Programs:
1. Express – a short 2 week detox for people who have recently indulged. A bit like a “Spring clean”.
2. Integrated Detox Program– a 4 week (minimum) program to improve your digestive health, liver function and overall health and wellbeing. This program is appropriate for those with general digestive or health imbalances and may aid in supporting healthy intestinal microbial balance.
3. Gut Detox – an extended 6 week (or more) detoxification program ideal for those who suffer from chronic or extensive digestive symptoms, or experience digestive conditions and imbalances in gut flora that negatively impact on health and wellbeing.
4. Liver Detox – a 6 week (or more) detoxification program may be recommended to those with high level of chemical exposure or who require additional liver support to improve their health.
5. Specialised Chelation Detox – this 6 week (or more) program is designed to support those exposed to heavy metals, such as lead, arsenic, mercury or aluminium. This program enhances the removal of heavy metals.
All programs focus on whole fresh foods and supplements that support your body’s natural detoxification processes. These are NOT extreme detox programs involving fasting, colon cleansing or eating weird foods. They are based on a common sense approach that is safe and simple to follow long term.